- 2.1 million population in less than an hour drive
- Connecting Buffalo and Rochester, the second and third largest cities in New York State,
- Three exits on the NYS I-90 Thruway
- Reach 128 million consumers within a 10 hour drive
- Foreign Trade Zone Opportunities *NEW
- Over 57 colleges and universities with 300,000 students enrolled
- Top region for patents issued per worker
- Close to three international airports
- Multiple shovel-ready parks that are industry specific
- Hydropower and other low cost electric solutions
- Progressive incentives
- Workforce development programs
Quick Link- Local Labor Policy
1366 Technologies recently announced plans to build a state-of-the-art, commercial solar wafer manufacturing facility in Genesee County New York, strategically located between Buffalo and Rochester, that will eventually scale to 3 GW, house 400 Direct Wafer™ furnaces, and produce more than 600 million high-performance silicon wafers per year – enough to power 360,000 American homes. 1366 Technologies will become the anchor tenant at the high-tech Science and Technology Advanced Manufacturing Park (STAMP) where the company will eventually create more than 1,000 new, full-time jobs in New York’s Western New York/ Finger Lakes Region.
October 7, 2015 Frank van Mierlo, CEO of 1366 Technologies joined New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo in Batavia to announce that 1366 Technologies will build a new solar wafer manufacturing plant at the WNY STAMP Campus.
Technology-Based Start-Ups Event
Are you ready to learn about all of the incentives and funding that your business can access? This program is for you. Even if you are not a technology start-up, you are invited to attend and meet our experts and other local business members from our community.
Free to Attend
Tuesday November 22, 2016
5pm - 7pm
The Innovation Zone
99 MedTech Dr. , Batavia NY (across from GCC)
RSVP to Rachael Tabelski: 585-343-4866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org