- 2.1 million population in less than an hours' drive
- Three exits on the NYS I-90 Thruway
- Reach 128 million consumers within a 10 hour drive
- Foreign Trade Zone Opportunities *NEW
- Over 42 colleges and Universities within two hours' drive
- Close to three international airports
- Multiple shovel-ready parks that are industry specific
- Progressive incentives
- Workforce development programs
- *New Food Processing Training Program Brochure & Application
Scott Kupperman- President of Kupperman Location Solutions
Rich Schutzenhofer, VP of Engineering at PepsiCo Global Nutrition Group
The GCEDC recently announced that a second round of applications are now available for GCEDC’s Food Processing Training Program. The program provides individuals with a certification to work in the food processing industry, including the yogurt companies in the Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park. The deadline for submitting applications is September 1, 2013. Up to 25 individuals will be accepted for the class. Applications can be picked up at the Genesee County Career Center at 587 East Main Street, Suite 100, East Town Plaza in Batavia, NY or online here, Food Processing Training Application. The training program is being funded by an Area Development grant obtained by the GCEDC from the National Fuel Gas Corporation with additional financial support from the Finger Lakes Food Cluster Initiative—funded by the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration in the amount of $38,000 or 28% of the program.
The Genesee Gateway Local Development Corporation (GGLDC) approved at its July 11th board meeting a $500,000 loan fund to support revitalization efforts in the city of Batavia and surrounding village and town centers throughout Genesee County. Incentives and Loan Fund Details.