Batavia Downs | 8315 Park Rd. | Paddock Room | Batavia, NY 14020
12 pm-1:30 pm
Genesee County is celebrating business and over $1 Billion of capital investment invested in our community in the last 15 years. Come celebrate with the Genesee County Economic Development Center, and our partners as we review highlights from 2016. You will also get an exclusive preview of the economic landscape in New York State for 2017. The Annual Meeting is also an excellent opportunity to network with economic and elected leaders from around the region. At the event the GCEDC will unveil the "2017 Economic Development Partner of the Year Award".
Feel free to arrive at 11am for an informal networking opportunity.
- 2.1 million population in less than an hour drive
- Connecting Buffalo and Rochester, the second and third largest cities in New York State,
- Three exits on the NYS I-90 Thruway
- Reach 128 million consumers within a 10 hour drive
- Foreign Trade Zone Opportunities *NEW
- Over 57 colleges and universities with 300,000 students enrolled
- Top region for patents issued per worker
- Close to three international airports
- Multiple shovel-ready parks that are industry specific
- Hydropower and other low cost electric solutions
- Progressive incentives
- Workforce development programs
Quick Link- Local Labor Policy
Advanced Manufacturing and Semiconductor
Specific shovel-ready sites and workforce programing bring the power and people together to support advanced manufacturing, semiconductor, and nanotechnology businesses. The WNY STAMP site and Buffalo East Tech Park are designed and infrastructure to accommodate large manufacturing and semiconductor projects.
Food Processing and Agri-Business
Upstate New York is known for its dairy and crop farming and having processing facilities and other agricultural support facilities near these products has made our region a mega-hub for Agri-Business. Visit the Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park to learn more about the resources we have for your business.
Medical Device and Life Sciences
Emerging technology, medical device and life science companies belong near major research universities and in our region, we have some of the best including University at Buffalo, Rochester Institute of Technology, University at Rochester and Cornell University. Learn more about the Upstate MedTech Park and MedTech Center.
Warehouse and Distribution
Being centrally located, connecting Buffalo and Rochester New York makes Genesee County an ideal spot for warehouse and regional distribution centers. Two shovel- ready parks have been designed and infrastructure to accommodate these facilities. Learn more about the Gateway II Corporate Park and Apple Tree Acres Corporate Park.