- 2.1 million population in less than an hour drive
- Three exits on the NYS I-90 Thruway
- Reach 128 million consumers within a 10 hour drive
- Foreign Trade Zone Opportunities *NEW
- Over 57 colleges and universities with 300,000 students enrolled
- Top region for patents issued per worker
- Close to three international airports
- Multiple shovel-ready parks that are industry specific
- Hydropower and other low cost electric solutions
- Progressive incentives
- Workforce development programs
- 88% high school graduation rate
- *New Food Processing Training Program Brochure & Application
Libberty Pumps in Bergen is Expanding- 2014
Liberty Pumps is planning a 100,000 sq. ft. expansion of its existing facility at Apple Tree Acres in Bergen, NY, to create new spaces for production and warehouse, research and development and a new office, display, auditorium and training center. The company is investing $9.8 million for the expansion project, creating 27 new positions, and retaining 124 employees. Liberty Pumps has undertaken several projects in the last few years. In 2000 the company invested $3.7 million to construct and equip a 60,000 sq. ft. facility and in 2008 they undertook a 64,000 sq. ft. addition.
On September 8th- The Genesee County Economic Development Center (GCEDC) and Muller Quaker Dairy are the recipients of the 2014 Northeastern Economic Developers Association (NEDA) Project of the Year Award. The award was formally presented to both entities at NEDA’s Annual Conference on Monday, September 8th in Worcester, MA. GCEDC was recognized for fostering the development of the 250-acre Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park in Batavia which has generated more than $230 million of new capital investment as well as the creation of approximately 230 jobs. NEDA also recognized Muller Quaker Dairy, a $206 million state-of-the-art yogurt manufacturing facility which employs almost 200 people in the Agri-Business Park in the competitive $6.2 billion U.S. yogurt marketplace.