- 2.1 million population in less than an hour drive
- Connecting Buffalo and Rochester, the second and third largest cities in New York State,
- Three exits on the NYS I-90 Thruway
- Reach 128 million consumers within a 10 hour drive
- Foreign Trade Zone Opportunities *NEW
- Over 57 colleges and universities with 300,000 students enrolled
- Top region for patents issued per worker
- Close to three international airports
- Multiple shovel-ready parks that are industry specific
- Hydropower and other low cost electric solutions
- Progressive incentives
- Workforce development programs
Quick Link- Local Labor Policy
1366 Technologies recently announced plans to build a state-of-the-art, commercial solar wafer manufacturing facility in Genesee County New York, strategically located between Buffalo and Rochester, that will eventually scale to 3 GW, house 400 Direct Wafer™ furnaces, and produce more than 600 million high-performance silicon wafers per year – enough to power 360,000 American homes. 1366 Technologies will become the anchor tenant at the high-tech Science and Technology Advanced Manufacturing Park (STAMP) where the company will eventually create more than 1,000 new, full-time jobs in New York’s Western New York/ Finger Lakes Region.
October 7, 2015 Frank van Mierlo, CEO of 1366 Technologies joined New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo in Batavia to announce that 1366 Technologies will build a new solar wafer manufacturing plant at the WNY STAMP Campus.
BATAVIA, NEW YORK – Come celebrate Genesee County's newest program to foster entrepreneurship. The START-UP Genesee network can assist all types of businesses from early stage planning to site selection, access to capital and product development or diversification.
The START-UP Genesee "Think & Drink" Entrepreneurial Series will launch on Wednesday August 31, 2016 at a networking event celebrating the Harvester Center's 57th Anniversary and feature local food and beverage entrepreneurs. Business programs in the "Think & Drink" series will be held every two months for the next year.
ABOUT- Start-Up Genesee is a Collaborative Initiative with the Batavia Development Corporation, the Harvester Center, the Genesee County Economic Development Center, the Batavia Improvement District, Genesee Community College, the Genesee County Chamber of Commerce, the NYS Small Business Development Center and Village Business Districts.