Featured News - Current News - Archived News - News Categories

Introducing Edwards Genesee

Sat, Oct 28th 2023 08:00 am

After the US Congress passed the CHIPS and Science Act, providing around $280 billion in funding for research and manufacturing of semiconductor chips, the construction of new semiconductor facilities in the United States increased by 116%.

Edwards aims to support the growth in the region with a shorter supply chain and improved responsiveness while keeping an eye on our environmental impact. Our new dry pump factory in Genesee County, scheduled to be operational in 2025, will allow us to do that.

Located in the Western New York Science and Technology Advanced Manufacturing Park  in Genesee County, New York, the new facility will count on the support of federal, state, and local agencies and universities and will feature state-of-the-art manufacturing and measurement equipment.

The factory will be initially capable of producing 10,000 dry pumps per year with space available for reaching a capacity of 20,000 units per year, initially creating approximately 280 jobs.

A big focus of the project is environmental sustainability. A LEED-certified green building, Edwards Genesee will be a fully electric site, with most of its electric power supply coming from hydroelectric sources. Only 21% of its fifty-acre site will be dedicated to building and parking, leaving the remaining 79% to permeable surface and green spaces. Furthermore, the site will provide significant CO2e savings on freight – an estimated 13,000 tonnes per year at an operating level of 10,000 pumps.

US Senator Chuck Schumer commented: “Many people will commute to this area for good-paying jobs. More importantly, this will attract supply chain companies that want to locate here to help supply the chips industry. We have one of the best – Edwards Vacuum, which is a leading company supporting the chips industry and now will be located in STAMP, Genesee County, with 280 new jobs to start and many more in the future.”

Related Articles