Join the START-Up Genesee team at exciting events to learn more about early stage business planning, site or location assistance, access to capital, product development and much more. Events are free to attend thanks in part to our generous sponsors.
Starting your own business is a major undertaking. In Genesee County, New York we have teamed up to develop a business assistance network dedicated to providing business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs with guidance on starting, growing and succeeding in the business world. Genesee County professionals are ready to help you develop your business ideas and make them a reality.
2019 START-UP Genesee Think & Drink Events
February 13, 2019: Fall in Love with Franchising
In Genesee County, opening a start-up business through an established franchise means you never have to go it alone. From restaurants to retailers in many industries, franchising can create a turn-key solution for you to focus your entrepreneurial energy.
Start-Up Genesee is welcoming an expert in the field to share the steps to a successful franchise for our next Think & Drink networking event. Franchising consultant John Adams leads FranNet's business matchmaking programs in New York and has helped entrepreneurs make the right decisions to achieve their financial and lifestyle goals.
"Fall in Love with Franchising" will be hosted by Start-Up Genesee from 4 to 6 p.m. on Thursday, February 13 at The Generation Center, 15 Center St., Batavia. This event is free to attend and open to the public.
April 30, 2019: Business Idea Pitch Competition
Make your pitch and hear what inspires entrepreneurial students as Start-Up Genesee swims in the shark tank at Genesee Community College's Business Idea Pitch Competition!
June 2019: Downtown Oakfield Walking Tour
Explore a community with start-up space to match hometown spirit as Start-Up Genesee tours the businesses, restaurants and opportunities throughout downtown Oakfield!
August 15, 2019: Harvester Center 60th Anniversary
Learn how start-ups continue to succeed at the world's first business incubator as Start-Up Genesee joins the Harvester Center for its 60th anniversary celebration!
October 17, 2019: Batavia DRI Hard Hat Walking Tour
Experience the progress and potential opportunities in downtown Batavia as Start-Up Genesee takes a Hard Hat Walking Tour of the buildings and businesses using the Downtown Revitalization Initiative to launch their projects!
2018-19 Start-Up Genesee Sponsors
Business Assistance Partners
- Batavia Business Improvement District
- Tom Turnbull, Director of the Genesee Co. Chamber of Commerce
- Sam Campanella, New York State Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Business Advisor
- Rachael Tabelski, Batavia Development Corporation
- Chris Suozzi, VP of Business and Workforce Development for the GCEDC
- Reid Smalley, Director of The Best Center at Genesee Community College
- Lina LaMattina, Director and Assistant Professor of Business at Genesee Community College
- Jim Krencik, Director of Marketing and Communications for the GCEDC
- Gregory Hallock, Director of Genesee Orleans Regional Arts Council (GO ART!)
- Tom Mancuso of the Mancuso Business Development Group
- Sam Vagg, LeRoy Business Council