GCEDC on Twitter
START-UP Genesee Think & Drink Series Continues with Event at GCC
BATAVIA, NY- The next START-UP Genesee Think and Drink event will take place at Genesee Community College (GCC) featuring small business resources and access to capital specialists. The FREE event is the fourth of series of networking opportunities for entrepreneurs and small business professionals. The event hosted by GCC will take place in Room T119 on Thursday, April 20 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. The program will include remarks by the following:
· Barb Shine, a leadership development trainer and serial entrepreneur. Shine will offer highlights of GCC’s upcoming Small Business Ownership Series, a program recommended for all entrepreneurs as well as current managers of small business.
· Peter M. Casey, Esq., who is a START-UP Genesee sponsor and partner at DelPlato Casey Law LLP and Batavia Development Corporation Board officer, will address legal considerations when starting a business.
· Leanna DiRisio, The Hidden Door owner, and Sam Campanella, certified business adviser for the Small Business Development Center, will share their stories about starting and growing a business.
“The course was intentionally designed for the busy self-starter who might be wondering where to begin or for the early stage operator needing a little more guidance,” said Shine. “Our goal is to shape an action plan for your business initiative.”
“It’s vital to consider the business structure as you enter a venture and equally critical to protect your assets,” said Casey.
Representatives from local banking institutions will be on-hand and other creative lending sources will be on display.
START-UP Genesee is intended to assist all types of businesses from early stage planning to site selection, access to capital and product development or diversification.
The Think and Drink series is sponsored by:
· Canandaigua National Bank
· Tompkins Bank of Castile Insurance Agencies
· Feed Maxick CPAs
· Merrill Lynch of Batavia
· University at Buffalo New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics, Life Sciences and Material Informatic
· Del Plato Casey LLP
For more information please contact Rachel Tabelski at 585-343-4866 or firstname.lastname@example.org.